Hello, everybody! Hope your quarter is off to a good start.
The Philosophy Club is hoping to start a discussion group to give undergraduate and graduate students the opportunity to read and discuss short, influential papers in philosophy.
- As a group member, you would be able to participate in the process of selecting papers for discussion. We’re looking for readings in the realm of philosophy that would be interesting, accessible to students, and fairly short (roughly anything less than 20 pages; please take into consideration the level of difficulty).
- As a group member, you would also have the opportunity to lead discussions.
- Meetings will probably be once or twice a month for about 2-3 hours.
- The frequency and time/date/location of meetings will be based around group member availability and interest.
- Group members are expected to complete readings, attend most meetings, and participate in discussions.
Even if you’re not sure if you’d be able to participate, we’d love to hear your suggestions for possible readings. If you’re interested in participating, or if you have any suggestions at all, please comment below.